When your car needs to be repaired, at most times, you will need replacement parts. In such situations, you can either go in for automarket parts or else you can opt for OEM parts.
In OEM parts, there are a number of advantages.
- The car parts are easier to choose from. There is no worry about assessment to be made about the quality of the parts, wondering if it will fit or what are the various brands offered or even the prices.
- You are assured of the quality you will be getting and are assured of the performance. Most people also opt for OEM parts, as they are familiar with the part and it’s working.
- These usually come with a warranty of one year and thus you can be assured that you will not have a problem. In the rare instance you do, if you go to the dealer not only will they ensure that the warranty is stood by but also they will ensure that they will stand by you with regards the labor charges too. Therefore you can be assured that you will not have any worries.
In spite of all these advantages, people do not opt for OEM car parts because of the following reasons :
- These parts are usually more expensive than the aftermarket ones and the cost is sometimes around 60% more.
- You can buy OEM parts through different online media but the most common way of buying these car parts is by going to a dealer. This is the reason that people find it a great deal of inconvenience and stay away as the dealer may not be close by and the local mechanic would.
- The quality of the OEM part at times could be just the same as an aftermarket one or sometimes even slightly inferior as well.